Monday, July 8, 2019

Nomadic Matt | Singapore Through Another Lens

As I prepare to embark on my trip to Singapore (12 days!) I have been doing some research on other travel blogs to get some ideas on sites to visit and cultural excursions. 

A personal favorite at the moment comes from the blog of Nomadic Matt, who has created a Singapore Travel Guide, inclusive of popular destinations within the leading economic center. 

Matt’s blog did a really good job getting me excited when reading his posts, as he alluded to how the city has become a world tourist destination full of incredible food, drink, and experiences. I appreciate that he included a Table of Contents as it helped to organize his blog, which I will plan to implement in another post as it definitely seems like a good way to organize my content. 

From his post, I am most excited about the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and the Sri Mariamman Temple. The Bukit Timah is located in Singapore’s rainforest, and is full of exotic animals and challenging hiking trails. It is in close proximity to the center of the city but is just far enough to make it seem as if you are getting away from all of the action. I also was really intrigued by his description of the Sri Mariamman Temple, which is the oldest Hindu temple in Singapore. This site looks absolutely striking in the photos so I can only imagine what it looks like in person (more to come!). 

Definitely would encourage you to check out this seasoned blogger’s posts. Nomadic Matt is thoughtful and detailed in his posts, and I can certainly say his post made me want to dig deeper into exploring Singapore prior to my true departure!

Happy Monday, 
Annika  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Singapore, Singapore, SINGAPORE!

Hey Travelers, For weeks you have been following along as I counted down the days to my departure for Singapore. For those ...