Sunday, July 14, 2019

Wikipedia Follow-Up!

Hi Travelers,

I hope you have all had a nice weekend. In a recent post, in preparation for my upcoming trip, I spent some time updating a Wikipedia post, and wanted to check-in to see if it was still included on the website at this point. 

To my surprise, it was! I am very excited that they have been made as the section on Tourism Statistics was relatively out-of-date (last data included was from 2014), so I am glad there is some further information available now that is more current.

Again, here is the full post, and the section I added: 
"Singapore attracted approximately 18.5 million visitors in 2018, according to Singapore Tourism Board. This number increased by 6.2 percent from 2017, which likely is due to an increase in arrivals from Asia, USA, and the United Kingdom. Top three markets included visitors from China, Indonesia, and India, due to strong travel demand and increased flight connectivity. Indian travel also escalated due to new cruise offerings from top cruise lines. Overall, 14 out of Singapore’s top 15 markets were able to log growth in the 2018 year and are expected to continue doing so through 2019. Speaking monetarily, increase of tourism receipts was largely due to growth in entertainment, gaming and sightseeing."
I can imagine Wikipedia decided to implement these changes to keep this page up to date, and I am surely happy they did. I'll be sure to update the page again if I am able to gather any more information during my trip. 

Cheers, travelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Singapore, Singapore, SINGAPORE!

Hey Travelers, For weeks you have been following along as I counted down the days to my departure for Singapore. For those ...