Sunday, June 16, 2019

Traveler's Checklist | Your Pocket Guide

Greetings travelers, 

Wanted to send along some information to keep in mind when traveling to a foreign country. First and foremost, it is important to do your research before you get ready to embark on a trip...research, research, research. Prior to departure, it is necessary to have an understanding of a country's particular customs and traditions. For example, as I begin planning my trip to Singapore in late July, I have learned it is considered incredibly rude to chew gum there. Although this seems like a silly consideration, it is something that is relevant to the culture and I would not have known had I not done my research. 


Additionally, as I have been traveling abroad significantly for work over the past few weeks, I have put together a travel guide for my readers as a pre-departure checklist. I tried to do some thinking about key considerations that may slip from the mind of a traveler. Remember the following when you pack up and go: 


1. Copies of your passport: If your passport gets stolen or lost, you want to ensure you can get back into the country.
2. Register with your embassy, for additional safety coverage. 
3. Inform your bank about your travels so your credit card does not get shut down while you are traveling. 
4. Always have some local cash on-hand. 
5. Bring an adapter for any chargers! Your hotel (if you are staying in one), will likely have some extras... but this can be a pain if you forget. 
Having these five items checked-off is sure to help cover off on additional safety and preparatory measures for your trip. You don't want to find yourself in a situation trying to solve any of these issues after having left your home base. Safe travels always, my friends. 

Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Singapore, Singapore, SINGAPORE!

Hey Travelers, For weeks you have been following along as I counted down the days to my departure for Singapore. For those ...