Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Your Budapest Bucket List

Hi Travelers,

While we might hate them, bucket lists can quickly become stable "sources of truth" that allow you to imagine beyond your means and explore new opportunities. Today's bucket list is focused specifically on Budapest, a city that has been on my personal bucket list to visit for a while. Budapest, Hungary boasts a culture rich in history and striking architecture. It is notably one of the cheapest spots in Europe and provides access to a lot of free sight-seeing. Not to mention, this city is known as a food capital of the world, equipped heavily with local farmers markets.

While I have not yet had the chance to get there, I have done some research and shared some of the evident "can't miss" spots based on the city's unique culture and traditions. The photos arguably don't even do it justice, so I guess I'll just have to go and visit soon myself to take some photos of my own.

  • Szechenyi Thermal Bath: The thermal baths in Budapest are some of the world's most famous, with pools ranging from 65-104 degrees Fahrenheit. The pools are essentially large medicinal baths that are said to treat joint diseases and serve as orthopedic post-treatments. Not to mention, the thermal baths are truly magnificent and calming, making them another great one for the bucket list today. 
  • Buda Castle: The Buda Castle is home to the Royal Palace, History Museum, and the National Gallery. The Castle was originally completed in 1265 and was then inhabited by Hungarian Kings. This is an iconic building that was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987, making it a key spot for this list!

  • Shoes on the Danube Bank: This experience is a memorial to honor those who were killed during World War II. Sixty (60) pairs of shoes line the edge of the Bank in memoriam of the historic sacrifice made by militia men who were forced to take off their shoes only to be shot at the edge of the water. This museum is promised to be an incredibly impactful experience and a must-visit historical spot in Budapest. 

I certainly can promise that the moment I visit I will be sure to share updates on my adventures and many, MANY photos. For now, I'll just keep on dreaming of the wonders that surround my Budapest-Bucket-List. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Singapore, Singapore, SINGAPORE!

Hey Travelers, For weeks you have been following along as I counted down the days to my departure for Singapore. For those ...